Sunday, February 9, 2014

JOY.


JOY is my word for this year. I want to do more of what brings joy into my life and less of what stresses me out. Lately I have been thinking about what REALLY makes me joyful...
I think that the greatest things in life are the small things. Things that we tend to overlook in our busy lives. SO, here are a few of my little things that bring me joy…

  • A NOTE. From anyone. A handwritten something. It can say anything; it can be long or short. Just the fact of that person thinking of me and caring enough to write me a little something completely warms my heart. (THE BEST ones are from my students!)
  • Those first few minutes of getting home when Piper freaks out because she missed me so much during the time that we were separated. I wish that I could be the person that my dog thinks I am. She makes me feel like a million bucks!
  • “Love moments” from God. He does this all the time for us, but to actually receive it and realize how awesome it is… These moments can be anything from catching the sunset at the perfect time, reading a scripture or quote that speaks directly to you, or even a friend calling at the perfect time. It’s a moment that you KNOW is directly from Him. He’s constantly showing us how much He loves us. We just need to slow down & start looking for Him in everything that we do. 
  • Inspiring others. I love to encourage and lift other people up. This is a daily goal that I have made for myself. If I can at least inspire one person or one of my students, then it’s been an accomplished day. My students are probably tired of hearing my little pep talks, but I want them to know how special, unique, bright, loved, cool, beautiful, funny, and awesome they are. I want them to know that they can accomplish anything that they set their minds to and that the opportunities for their future are endless. Some of my babies believe this, others I’m still working on!
  • ZUMBA. When I’m dancing I am so happy. I don’t have a care in the world. I’m just feelin’ the beat!
  • A worship session in my car. If you haven’t tried this… I’m tellin’ ya- This leaves me feeling refreshed, filled with the Holy Spirit, and ready to take on anything that comes my way!
  • Spending time with my sister. We don't even have to be doing something specific. She's just fun to be around and laughing is always sure to take place. 
  • A student having a “light bulb moment”. These get me SO EXCITED!!! They get this look on their face and YOU KNOW that they understand. All that hard work was worth it!
  • Helping someone. In any way. The act of helping someone just brings me joy.
  • Cooking something successfully. If you know me, you know that I struggle in the kitchen. BUT there are some days where I can really whip up something great (with recipe in hand of course…)
  • Good hair days. Self explanatory.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Take some time today and think about what REALLY brings joy into your life! What makes you happy? What makes you smile? Whatever that is, DO IT. You deserve to be happy.

Enjoy this Sunday, Friends!
-J






No comments:

Post a Comment