Wednesday, February 12, 2014

How To: My Version of Beach Waves...

I'm a tad obsessed with styling my hair... I have read so many blogs on how to do beach waves. After many trials, I have come up with my own version to share with you!
After I get out of the shower, I brush through my hair. This takes me about 10 seconds. That's the last I see from my brush.
****Best tip I've ever learned****-STOP TOWEL DRYING YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!! I use a t-shirt to dry mine. Hair-life changing. Trust me. 
After my hair has dried a little, (using a t-shirt) I work a nickel amount of  Pantene BB cream through my locks. Followed up with a nickel size amount of Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream. I begin to scrunch my hair at this point with my hands. I then grab my diffuser, blow dryer, NYM Sea Salt Spray, & take a seat in front of my mirror. It takes me 15-20 minutes to blow dry... Too long. I know. My hair is long & THICK.
I use my diffuser by scrunching up sections of my hair & holding for a few seconds. Throughout the process I spray in some sea salt spray for texture! (Isn't my little helper cute?!)
After my hair is completely dry I grab my 3/4 inch curling iron & do work. This takes me less than 10 minutes. I search for straggley pieces & wrap them around the barrel of the curling iron leaving the ends out. Don't use the clamp!!
To finish up this look I spray a light layer of Big Sexy Hairspray for some added body! & voila! Done. I'm ready to take these beach waves to the actual beach! :)
Also- somedays my hair REFUSES to have body. (Which kills me.) that's when I reach for my dry shampoo. I think that dry shampoo works better on clean hair, or just-styled hair. I just section my hair off & spray down my roots & then roughly rub it in. That's a sure way to give your hair some oomph! I really like both of these dry shampoos! 
Wishing you the best of hair dayz!!!
-J


No comments:

Post a Comment